Development plan?

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Thanks for the great work! I found some errors in the source code, like "Allergies" in CCD was mapped to "Alerts", which is a typo I guess. Also the MDHT for Java provide more functions, I was wondering if there any development plan to make this SDK more useful?

thanks!
Coordinator
Nov 8, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Edited Nov 8, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Thanks for the great work!
Thanks for the first useful comment for almost 4 months :-/
I found some errors in the source code, like "Allergies" in CCD was mapped to "Alerts", which is a typo I guess.
Of course this is a typo, and you are welcome to submit feature request/bug report using project issue tracker
Also the MDHT for Java provide more functions, I was wondering if there any development plan to make this SDK more useful?
I'm familiar with MDHT but have no road-map because of lack of feedback. For my personal needs (integration of .NET-based clinical systems, creation of consolidated documents) this library works well, but I have no idea what people want. Schematron validation? can be performed using third-party products such as NMatrix. XSL templates? Too easy to implement and too specific design rules for particular clinic. Value set library? Artifacts collection? Model-driven approach? What else? :)

Regards, Dmitry
Nov 11, 2013 at 2:18 PM
I just reported an issue. There are some other feature request, I'll post them later.

The SDK is very useful. It's not popular because it focus on a niche area. The MDHT is on HL7 official website, I hope some day they put this SDK on their website too. The project does need more people involved to make it moving.
Nov 11, 2013 at 9:11 PM

How did you make the NMatrix to run? I tried it for couple days, it the xsd file read external xsd files by using schemalocation, it will fail.

Also for the schemathron validation for CCD, never make it work.

Any Tips?

Steven Wu

Coordinator
Nov 12, 2013 at 3:51 AM
using NMatrix.Schematron;
// stream is of type System.IO.MemoryStream
Validator v = new Validator();
var vSchema = new Schema();
var rulesPath = HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("~/App_Data/ImportRules.sch");
if (!System.IO.File.Exists(rulesPath))
  throw new System.IO.FileNotFoundException("Failed to load " + rulesPath);

vSchema.Load(rulesPath);
v.AddSchema(vSchema);
v.Validate(stream);
But I haven't tried to validate CCD with NMatrix. If you want to validate CCD against XSD, you shall use System.Xml.Schema namespace classes
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/3740e0b5(v=vs.110).aspx